Tuesday, January 27, 2009

13 weeks!


I felt like I would never hit my second trimester. With a pervasive all-day sickness that started on Thanksgiving day and exhaustion that never seemed to let up no matter how much I slept, It's been a rough go. 

Being pregnant with your second is a whole different experience. Especially when you are a stay-at-home mom. I never thought I would long for my office and desk, but there are days when Elliott wants to GO GO GO that I just want to collapse!

We got our first-trimester screening results back and we have no chance of trisomy 18 and a 1:6000 chance of Down's Syndrome. Not bad! In other pregnancy news, we have hired a doula and at my next midwife appointment I have to take a diabetes test. Usually you take the diabetes test later, but I have to do it twice because Elliott was so big. (9 lbs!)

A lady on the news just delivered octuplets. Almost every night I have nightmares that something like that will happen to me. I can't imagine actually living it.

1 comment: